South Asian International Volunteer Association.
The mission is to promote health, education & friendship for Seniors through volunteering
- to enable seniors to be more proactive in the community.
Meeting places are 4 around Austin.
Food is prepared
and donated to CARITAS of Austin & to Salvation Army & for UT Saiva students: Food for Thought.
The mission of Micah 6 of Austin is to work together to identify and meet the needs of the homeless and the impoverished
in the University of Texas campus area.
Capital Area Food Bank of Texas
that distributes food and grocery products throughout Central Texas.
* Meals on WheelsVolunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
* Handy WheelsVolunteers help clients
with home repair one time a month
* H.O.P.E.Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
* Medi WheelsVolunteers provide transportation for clients to medical appointments
* Care CallsVolunteers are "phone friends" to homebound clients
* Groceries to GoVolunteers
grocery shop twice a month for clients
* Mike's PlaceVolunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease
and other forms of dementia
* Country WheelsSeven frozen meals delivered once a week to clients living
in rural areas
* Meals for KidsNutritious evening meals provided to low-income children
* Second MealsVolunteers deliver shelf-stable, boxed, seven-day supplies of meals
* P.A.L.S.Free vet
services & food provided to the pets of homebound clients
* Congregate MealsA place for active
seniors to gather for games, physical activity, conversation and lunchtime meals
Helping hand for children offers residential services and therapeutic foster care for abandoned, abused, and neglected children.
Non-profit organization providing assistance to Asian women seeking help
in dealing with domestic violence and abuse.
Y.E.S. (Yoga Education in Schools)
works to get yoga education
to children, teens, teachers, counselors, parents, care givers to children, doctors, nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists,
physiotherapists, social workers, attorneys to children for improving the quality of the lives of children & teens through
yoga classes, seminars, workshops, conferences, awareness with the help of volunteers to access schools, institutions, corporations,